- Bring your bottled water to class; we provide a mat.
- Wear a shirt that covers your underarms completely.
- Do not use hand lotion before class.
- Leave your jewelry at home or remove it when you arrive: belts, clothing with grommets, zippers, gems, or anything that could potentially snag the fabric.
- Avoid shorts or very baggy clothing; wear clothing that will not resist your movement in the hammock.
- Please trim your fingernails and toenails.
- Wear a gentle deodorant, but, avoid lotions and strong perfume scents.
- Avoid eating or drinking acidic liquids an hour prior to class. Eat only a light snack 2 hours prior to class time.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to sign in.
- Inform the instructor of any medical condition, injuries or concerns before class.
Best Practices for an Optimal Aerial Yoga Class
- Remove your shoes and socks before entering the practice area.
- Turn off cell phones, find your space on the studio floor, and allow yourself a few minutes on your mat to unwind.
- Listen to your body and take care of yourself during class.
- Keep yourself hydrated and take rests whenever needed.
- Only leave early if you must, but we prefer that you stay through the end of class to avoid disturbing others during Savasana. This allows everyone a few minutes of quiet time after practice.
We advise that you speak with the instructor before attending class and let her know if you have any medical issues that prevent you from inverting (glaucoma, heart condition, etc.) or putting pressure on your skin. Many positions require gripping the fabric to support lifting and releasing your body in and out of the hammock. If you have a spinal injury or medical condition, please check with your doctor first before registering for classes.